This writeup managed to get the order of part of the new firm's name reversed: it was acually the "American Wireless Telephone and Telegraph Company".
Electrical Engineering and Telephone Magazine, December, 1899, page 250:
PHOENIX, ARIZ.--The American Wireless Telegraph and Telephone Company, with a capital stock of $5,000,000, has been incorporated under the laws of Arizona. The principal place of business is to be Phoenix, though the villages (sic) of New York, Philadelphia and Washington are to have branch offices. The incorporators are G. P. Gehring, A. F. Collins, and others.